Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only seeking candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
We are currently seeking ambitious and pragmatic software engineers who are passionate about building great online apps. You'll use your skills to have a real impact on a product used by over 915,000 users from 190 different countries. We are looking for an engineer who loves being part of a team but is also self-motivated and loves the idea of working remotely.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Strong background in benchmarking, optimizing, scaling, and taking care of high levels of traffic.
- Experience using Python and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Desire to work in a caring, transparent, and giving work environment, in line with Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third party.