TeamSnap is seeking an experienced Director of Business Operations for our rapidly growing sports organization line of business. You’ll be a member of our sports organization leadership team, driving operational excellence in sales and maximizing business performance that accelerates growth. This role reports directly to the General Manager of Sports Organizations, with strong cross-functional partnerships in sales, marketing, product, customer experience and finance.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for leading a small team focused on optimizing critical business processes, leading operational excellence, and identifying strategic investments to influence short- and long-term business sustainability. You will supercharge the organization to maximize the potential of the people and business opportunity. You must be a strong thought leader, a trusted partner, extremely well organized, analytical, quality minded and motivated to make a difference. You should be terrific with people and skilled at effectively introducing change.
As most members of the team are remote, you should have a strong ability to work collaboratively in a distributed environment.
Some things you will do:
- Provide analysis, synthesis, and recommendations to improve the utilization and effectiveness of the day-to-day execution of the sales team.
- Optimize and scale sales team performance and efficiencies by implementing and managing the right tools, training, incentive programs, processes, and systems.
- Be two steps in front of the business to proactively identify and help remove barriers, driving execution of strategy and moving mountains instead of gopher hills.
- Partner cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, support and finance to ensure resources, investments, and delivery are optimized to accelerate business growth.
- Establish the structure, cadence, and management of operating mechanisms for effective organizational communications, meetings, and events.
- Occasionally come up with an idea so brilliant that you high-five yourself, then look around sheepishly.
- Partner with the sports organization General Manager to develop the annual operating plan with revenue and expense targets.
- Enable an organizational culture that builds trust, accountability, and swagger that energizes cross-functional teams to achieve our business objectives while having a ton of fun.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- 5+ years of sales and business operations experience in a high growth business.
- Passionate about understanding, analyzing, and driving business process improvements to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently.
- Takes risks, drives change, and a thought leader for short and long business strategy.
- Embraces solving the tough problems and knows how to execute ideas from inception to implementation.
- Communicates effectively, encourages creativity, loves to work cross-functionally and manages through influence.
- Has a sense of humor and is not above posting random cat GIFs in the TeamSnap #cats slack channel. (Dogs and hedgehogs also acceptable.)
- Effectively takes disparate tactics and collaborates with the team to drive alignment on high impact, strategic, business-wide priorities.
- Highly analytical and leverages data as the foundation to inform planning, forecasting, and decision making.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.