The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing in-depth technical support on a regional basis (based on which country they reside in).
You will work with other support and engineering team members to perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting of our product installations running at customer sites. You will help maintain our knowledge base of best practices, known issues and solutions and extend our support infrastructure by crafting and writing diagnostic tools/scripts. And you will probably even write some code.
We strive for and has achieved extraordinary customer support. The highly technical nature of our products requires a much higher level of experience and expertise from the support than you would typically find most organizations. In fact, the current support team members all have development and/or quality engineering backgrounds. They thrive on the challenge of solving a variety of technical problems at the application, operating system, and network levels.
The breadth knowledge required is very large and is always growing with new repository types and tools that interact with our product. Every day there is something new to learn due to some query/issue a customer raises. Although sometimes this can be a pain, there is a lot of satisfaction with learning new tools and technologies. You are not going to get bored in this role!
Required Experiences & Skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.)
- Knowledge of Networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL)
- Java thread and heap dump analysis ability
- Java and/or other software development experience (the position doesn't require writing code, but it requires reading and understanding code)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
Desired Experiences & Skills
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins and Bamboo is a plus
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, npm, NuGet etc. is a plus
- Prior experience with Sonatype's products is a plus