We are seeking talent Java Developers in the US to participate in a pilot work from home program.
At MarketAxess, we believe in the power of change; specifically we are transforming how people transact in the world’s corporate bond market. We have the DNA of a start-up and the track record of a winning enterprise. In January, we posted our 10th consecutive year of record financial results.
Join our team and help us build the technology that will continue to help us accelerate change and create a better and more level playing field for market participants!
You have excellent core Java skillscoupled withhave 5-10 years’ experience in enterprise software development:
· 5-10 years of enterprise software development experience
· Excellent core Java skills including data structures, Collection framework, Generics
· Experience with high-speed, high-volume transactional systems
· Good understanding of object-oriented design patterns
· Extensive experience in concurrency and multi-threaded programming
· Enterprise RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQL Server)
The ideal candidate has worked from home or in a remote location and has a proven track record managing his/her time, effectively communicating with a remote office, and delivering results.
Experience in securities trading preferred.
MarketAxess is a leading electronic trading platform for the institutional corporate bond market. Technology is our product. For over 19 years, we have been transforming the way institutions trade bonds across the globe.
- Build your experiences: We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to work on various projects from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes. System enhancements could be built at the request of the largest financial institutions in the world or could be the ideas our employees suggest in order to make trading easier on MarketAxess.
We continuously deliver new trading functionality to the global markets. At the same time, we are starting on a strategic path to build the next generation of our trading platform. For example, if you have experience with the Agile development process and Microservices, you could provide value input to the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Hands-on development of new functionality and maintain the company's fixed income e-trading platform for institutional credit product trading
· Evaluate and build new frameworks and tools for delivering new functionality as well as enhancing the existing platform
· Initiatives include development within the trading system, product enhancements and new workflows for trading, and server-side programming and messaging
· Perform above duties utilizing Java, Swing and HTML5, Ant, server-side and client-to-server technology, multi-threading and concurrency, Oracle, GUI screens
Collaborate with other developers to improve the performance and scaling of the growing system
· Proactively propose new ideas to improve the existing system
· May assist with production support, including investigating and fixing production issues
· Coordinate with business analysts and quality assurance on a daily basis
· Present technical designs of work performed to the various groups (including Development, QA, BA and the business)
Our pilot work from home program is an opportunity for us to connect with talented developers across the US, regardless of where they live.
What we can offer you: We strive to remain competitive with regard to compensation and benefits that include1:
· Over 4 weeks of paid time off a year
· Additional time off in the form of personal and charity days after the first year of service
· 20% match on our ESPP and $7,000 match on our 401(k) program
· Back-up child and elder care (nationwide)
· $500 / year wellness stipend for all
· Perks at our New York City headquarters include free snacks, frequent free lunches and frequent happy hours.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
1 Eligibility rules such as one year of tenure may apply